Koodo Community

Cant make or receive phone calls

• 20 November 2021
  • 5 replies

My data works fine and I have good service. But everytime I go to make a phone call it is just silent. No rings go through, nothing happens. My boyfriend's phone is the same thing. He is on my plan. We both have an Huawei, different phones but same plan. I can't get in contact with Koodo considering I can't call and there's no way to chat online with someone. I can call fine when i am not in this specific town, what is going on? What do I do. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried simply restarting your phone and removing and reinserting your sim card?

Does anyone else apart from you two have the same issues?

Yes, sadly I've tried removing my SIM and restarting my phone. Didn't work for either of us. As far as I know it is only the 2 of us who have this issue. His brother is with Koodo and can call. The only difference is he has an iPhone. It's super weird. I've never had this issue before, it only started happening when we moved here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where are you currently residing? Were you in Winnipeg or  Brandon and which phone model was it?  Was it compatible with VoLTE?

Also, can you put your SIM or your boyfriend phone and see if you can make/receive call? if you can, then the issue was from the phone compatibility in your area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My data works fine and I have good service. But everytime I go to make a phone call it is just silent. No rings go through, nothing happens. My boyfriend's phone is the same thing. He is on my plan. We both have an Huawei, different phones but same plan. I can't get in contact with Koodo considering I can't call and there's no way to chat online with someone. I can call fine when i am not in this specific town, what is going on? What do I do. 

Is there a place where you can access a wifi hotspot in that area of the town? If so, have you tried using wifi calling instead to see if the call is going through? As long as you have a P30 or P40, you should be able to access the feature. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure VoLTE is enabled on your devices as the HSPA network was migrated to VOLTE in Manitoba