Koodo Community
Solved

cant make or receive phone calls

• 27 August 2021
  • 15 replies

I'm using an LG. I live in Toronto. My data and wifi work perfectly fine but for some odd reason I can't make or receive phone calls. 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 30 August 2021, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried restarting your phone? What about the calls, what does it say when you are making a call? 

I'm using an LG. I live in Toronto. My data and wifi work perfectly fine but for some odd reason I can't make or receive phone calls. 

I'm having the same problem my husband  my son and I both have lg and my son is the only one that can make and receive calls we have 2 phones can't make or receive calls, we have tried everything

I'm having the same issue! I noticed it yesterday and have tried everything. Reset network settings, reset phone, took out sim card...nothing is fixing it. I'm also with LG. Only phone calls are affected, but my data and wifi still work. GTA area here as well.

When someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail. When I call out I don't get an error message...it says it's dialing but it's not actually ringing. It just sits on that screen forever until I end the call.

Userlevel 1

I'm having the exact same issue here in Kingston! Was working ok last night. Been having "garbled" or broken voicemail for the last several weeks as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When someone calls me it goes straight to voicemail. When I call out I don't get an error message...it says it's dialing but it's not actually ringing. It just sits on that screen forever until I end the call.

I'm having the exact same issue here in Kingston! Was working ok last night. Been having "garbled" or broken voicemail for the last several weeks as well.

It could be from a network issue in the area. Have you checked people using Telus/bell/virgin mobile around you? Did they have similar issue? 

Userlevel 1

That's exactly what's happening here! My daughter called Koodo, they claim there isn't any such issues and hung up on her!

Time to get a new provider!!!!

Userlevel 1

Have you tried restarting your phone? What about the calls, what does it say when you are making a call? 

Restart doesn't help. And Koodo isn't any help either, calling a number that's complained about non-existent phone services????????

I'm having the same problem, in Victoria, BC - just phone calls that aren't working, text, data and Wifi are fine. Also am LG phone. Tried all the suggested troubleshooting fixes. Any fixes yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm having the same problem, in Victoria, BC - just phone calls that aren't working, text, data and Wifi are fine. Also am LG phone. Tried all the suggested troubleshooting fixes. Any fixes yet?

You could find a solution in this thread

Userlevel 1

A Koodo rep was messaging with me and claimed the problem was fixed yesterday. Told me to do a factory reset on my phone and everything would be ok to go. In reality, all that did was reset my phone...... but still no calling services.

I have to wonder........will Koodo reimburse customers for the services not rendered??????

I'm in New Brunswick and having the same issue with my LG phone. My husband has the same phone and isn't having the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm in New Brunswick and having the same issue with my LG phone. My husband has the same phone and isn't having the issue. 

The problem was the google app. You can go to settings » app & notifications » app info » select “google" and “Disable” it. That should work. I just tested. 

This is a temporary fix while waiting for Google/LG to figure out what happened. 

i had the same problem cant call out or  recieve  incomming calls..but after a few hours the phone was working again, they have seamed to have fixed the problem.

The problem was the google app. You can go to settings » app & notifications » app info » select “google" and “Disable” it. That should work. I just tested. 

This is a temporary fix while waiting for Google/LG to figure out what happened. 

It worked! Thanks!