I’m having major problems with text messages (SMS)
- I cannot send text messages and/or I have to re-attempt 3-4 times. If they do go through, it is after 20-40 minutes
- I cannot receive text messages and/or I get some 10-40 minutes after they were sent by the contact
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Data works
- Calls work
- One of the texting apps eventually gave me an ‘’ERROR 332’’ mention
- Post paid
- Customer for several years
I meet these conditions:
- Coverage is excellent, antennas full
- Bills paid
- Plenty of battery
- Device up to date
- ANDROID version up to date
- appropriate apps up to date
I have tried:
- Fully shutting down device, wait 30/60/300s, reboot
- Force stop my texting app, restart it
- Enabling/disabling data
- Try an alternate texting app
- Went airplane mode a few minutes, then disabled that mode
- Removed my SIM card, wait a few minutes, re-inserted SIM card (also done so with a power off/power on cycle)
What next? I see no mention of an outage from KOODO or TELUS
Best answer by ProtoMarcus
I FIXED IT.
By ‘’accident’’ - as in, it wasn’t the intended result, but of course it is the best result.
So again, while my dataplan and calls worked, I still couldn’t send/receive texts. That meant my SIM card was okay. I did get an ‘’Error 332’’ message at some point, still not sure what it means, I think it is related to packets?
Anyway, I did pretty much everything I could do and nothing worked (I wonder what Koodo techs would’ve done at this point too)
I did have an old cellphone somewhere, a dinosaur, took overnight to charge it to working capacity. I swapped the sim card, tried to text with the old phone, nothing. Nothing got sent, nothing got received.
The app also kept freezing as it wasn’t able to ‘’send’’
Then I swapped it back in my current phone. I left the phone on the table to get ready to go to a Koodo store and then tried to self-text my number (I’d do that a few times to test if anything worked) - it then finally went through instantly.
I then texted my girlfriend and some friends and I could see the ‘’Sent / Delivered’’ status almost immediately.
It is now fixed.
How it got fixed in short:
I had to swap the sim card with a different phone with a different IMEI and attempt to send a text to seemingly ‘’reset’’ something on the networking end and that did it once I put the SIM card back on my current phone.