Koodo Community

Can't update any part of my profile because in the address section my city doesn't exist in the drop-down menu.

• 30 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Why doesn't Koodo just allow us to type in our city instead of choosing from an incomplete menu? I live in a major city and it's not even listed. On a quick review I see many cities and towns missing from my province alone, so it’s an issue for hundreds of thousands of people.  What should be quick and simple (log-in, enter new info, save, log-out) turns into a drawn out process of having to call a rep. There are many other posts in the community regarding simple address issues; why does Koodo make more problems and work for it's customers and themselves when it could be a simple fix?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is the province correct?

What major cities are you seeing in the drop down list?

Is this for only an address change on your self serve account?

What city are you trying to change to?

And is this a new account?

Yes, the province is correct.

For example, I see Vancouver and Prince George are listed but some of the cities missing are Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Whiterock, etc. ...too many to list.

It is a self-serve account but it wasn’t for an address change. I only had one simple change but couldn’t because of the city issue; the box wants something entered and won’t allow it to be left blank (I didn’t want to enter an incorrect city). I’ve been dealing with this since yesterday and have managed to talk to a rep today.

I tried to enter Burnaby.

Two accounts we’ve had since 2014 and 2018 (2 different family members).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If this is for a number change, Burnaby will fall under Vancouver as there is no differentiation between a Burnaby phone number and a Richmond or Port Coquitlam phone number as they are all considered local calls.

If this is not for a number change, what is the city selection for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, the province is correct.

For example, I see Vancouver and Prince George are listed but some of the cities missing are Burnaby, Coquitlam, Delta, Langley, Port Coquitlam, Richmond, Surrey, Whiterock, etc. ...too many to list.

It is a self-serve account but it wasn’t for an address change. I only had one simple change but couldn’t because of the city issue; the box wants something entered and won’t allow it to be left blank (I didn’t want to enter an incorrect city). I’ve been dealing with this since yesterday and have managed to talk to a rep today.

I tried to enter Burnaby.

Two accounts we’ve had since 2014 and 2018 (2 different family members).

That is because the numbers are associated with the nearest area that you are living in. The same thing applies to other cities when you are choosing a number. You would see Toronto, but not all of the areas surrounding it.