Koodo Community
Question

Can't receive SMS security codes

• 25 August 2022
  • 4 replies

So I’ve had two instances where I cannot receive security codes. One with my student loans, and another. I typically use an authenticator app, so these are the only two I’ve needed SMS codes for. 

The only relevant changes made were recent. I ported out my number to a reseller of rogers, only to quickly find out I had a tab plus, and promptly ported my number back to koodo with the same plan and contract.

Besides the SMS, I've noticed I cannot activate wifi calling. When I input my number, it says  “The number entered doesn’t match our records. Please re-enter your number”.

I just received an SMS security code for my government account with regards to taxes, so some work and some don’t.

I also removed all blocked numbers. 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does regular calling (incoming and outgoing), texting (incoming and outgoing) and data otherwise word fine?

Is your Rogers reseller sim still working? 

Does regular calling (incoming and outgoing), texting (incoming and outgoing) and data otherwise word fine?

Is your Rogers reseller sim still working? 

Accidently clicked something on mobile as best answer…

Regular calling works, texting works (images included), and data works. The rogers sim was properly deactivated, no service. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you on this one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicholas 

We weren’t able to find an account based on your community profile, we recommend scheduling a call back with our technical support through our virtual assist https://koo.do/Chat , they should be able to further investigate.