Koodo Community
Question

can not use phone or message. telling me unable to connect

• 26 April 2023
  • 26 replies

in message, telling wait until service is up.    Network operations >. unable to connect.      just stop yesterday.

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What message are you taking about? What are you trying to do when you get this error? 

when I text a message  and hit send.   this is what I get   » Currently unable to send message, It will be send when  service becomes available

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It appears that you are experiencing an issue with sending text messages and receiving an error message stating "Currently unable to send message, It will be sent when service becomes available." This error typically indicates that there may be a temporary disruption in the mobile network or connectivity issues that are preventing the message from being sent at that moment.

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check your network connection: Ensure that you have a stable network connection, either through cellular data or Wi-Fi. If you are in an area with weak network coverage, try moving to a location with better reception.

2. Restart your phone: Sometimes, restarting your phone can help refresh the network connections and resolve temporary issues.

Come back to tell us if it works or not.

I have restarted the phone 10 times,  this morning did a factory reset.    My internet is perfect.    just no phone and no Texting.       My neighbour has the same phone and is with Kodoo also, has no problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you had a similar issue in the past? Are you in an an area with weak network coverage?

I have been with Koodo for about 9 years, never had a problem.     I’m in a good area.   I just think it one control button ( which I call ).  did just turn off by mistake.      Have a Samsung A11 phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you affected by an outage? You can check here : https://www.telus.com/en/nt/outages. Also, ensure that Airplane Mode is turned off on your phone, as it can prevent your phone from sending or receiving messages. You can usually find this option in the quick settings menu or in the settings app under "Connections" or "Network & Internet".

Not at all.    We not even close to where that is.   Airplane mode is turn off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by : 

I just think it one control button ( which I call ).

Also when you say

My internet is perfect

Are you talking about wifi or about the phone’s data? Is your data on your phone (turn off wifi) working?

I think it is an option where you can turn on or off.   like in airplane mode off.     something tell me that there is something on the phone where you can shut the message and phone off,     I need it to go back on.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is it just message and phone or is data not working as well (not wifi; but data).

data work perfect,   just the phone and message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

On most smartphones, including the Samsung A11, there is no specific option to turn off phone and messaging while keeping data enabled. I’m confused at this point. Can you send me a screenshot of your phone maybe that picture will help me.

no go to fast .      now getting another message». no service selected network (kodoo) not available

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you in the Network Operators settings below : 

I was there,    It showing automatically. ON.

If I give you my phone number can you see anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am unable to assist with specific account-related inquiries or access any information related to your phone number or Koodo account.

Take a screenshot : https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-232095/

Ok,  I was just trying to help you,     When you look at a message I sent.    it 5 dots going in circle,   since yesterday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you're unbale to provide me with a screenshot  to further assist you, I recommend reaching out to Koodo customer support directly for assistance. They will be able to access your account information and provide personalized support.

Here’s instruction on how to post a screenshot on the community : 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Another option is to remove your SIM card from your phone and insert it into a different phone (e.g. your neighbour's or a family member's phone). If the problem follows the SIM card on a different phone, you may need to get a new SIM card.

At the same time, insert your neighbour's or family member's SIM card into your phone, if service works on your phone with their SIM card, you will need to get a replacement SIM card. 

Is the SIM card nine years old?

Thanks for your time,  I do not know how to get the SIM card out.      I just drive one day to Peterborough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It looks like your phone is connected to the network and should be working. Does turning wifi off solve the issue? Also, did you pay with network mode

Set Network Mode 

Follow these steps:

• Go to then Wireless & Networks Or Connections.
  • Select Mobile Networks 
  • Select Network Mode 
  • You will get a pop-up menu with the different options you can choose from. Ensure that you select the first option that says 4G/3G/2G (auto connect).

no Wifi is off still can not send message or use phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for your time,  I do not know how to get the SIM card out.      I just drive one day to Peterborough.

Here’s how to remove SIM card