Koodo Community
Question

Can i use the phone and plan offers at the same time?

• 8 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I would like to upgrade my phone.

When I log into my account, there's one offer available that I can earn a $254.25 bill credit for 15months when I upgrade to select phones.

If I upgrade to new phone, I have to change the plan over $60 as well.  Currently, there's plan offer too. It is available to new activations or phone upgrades with the tab for existing customers. (Up to $254 in bill credits over 15 months. How nice is that?! 

When I checked after adding the phone and plan to the cart, the total amount of the tab and plan amount to be paid every month is displayed, and only the amount that credits are given only when upgrading the phone is specified at the bottom. The curious thing is that there are two offers, but I don't know why it says that only one gives credit. 

Nowhere does it say that i can't use both offers, but I'd like to check if I can get a bill credit for the plan.

I appreciate it if you could answer to my question asap.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s the same offer that you’re seeing twice, just one is round the amount from $254.25 to $254!

As well, that offer is only available on the $65 plan if you’re an existing customer, not the $60.

Oh, that's same offer?!

Yes, i know. I meant that I have to switch the plan over $60 if I upgrade the phone.

Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question.

If I add the phone to the cart first, it says how much the bill credit will be at the bottom... After adding the plan for $60, that message doesn't appear at the bottom. I can see the message if I add the $65 plan.

If it's the same offer, shouldn't a bill credit message come out when i add only one of the phone or plan? Do I have to add the phone and $65 plan together if I wish to earn the bill credit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I add the phone to the cart first, it says how much the bill credit will be at the bottom... After adding the plan for $60, that message doesn't appear at the bottom. I can see the message if I add the $65 plan.

If it's the same offer, shouldn't a bill credit message come out when i add only one of the phone or plan? Do I have to add the phone and $65 plan together if I wish to earn the bill credit?

The promo is only for the $65 plan, that’s why you don’t see the message at the bottom with the $60 plan.

From what you’re saying that you see on your account it sounds like they’re worded differently which makes it a little confusing but the offer for current customers is that you can get a $15 bill credit for 15 months, if you get a new phone and select the $65 plan

The promo is only for the $65 plan, that’s why you don’t see the message at the bottom with the $60 plan.

From what you’re saying that you see on your account it sounds like they’re worded differently which makes it a little confusing but the offer for current customers is that you can get a $15 bill credit for 15 months, if you get a new phone and select the $65 plan

Hmmmm... I am confusing now… :(

I have the offer available that I can earn a $254.25 bill credit for 15months when I upgrade to new phone.

Also, I must switch the plan if I get a new phone and there's also promotion to get up to $254 in bill credits for 15months. It is for existing customers only.

You told me that the both offers are same.

If it's the same offer, shouldn't I get a bill credit even if I switch a $60 plan after I add a new phone?

(If i add a new phone, it says that i must have a plan of $60 or more, so I added a plan of $60  instead of $65, but why does the bill credit message not appear.)

What I'm wondering now is if I choose between adding a new phone or adding a $65 plan, shouldn't I be able to get a bill credit?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They are indeed the same offer, just worded slightly differently in the two different places that you are seeing it advertised which is causing the confusion.

The promo for existing customers requires the purchase a new phone on the tab AND the $65 plan.

You have to do both to get the bill credit.

They are indeed the same offer, just worded slightly differently in the two different places that you are seeing it advertised which is causing the confusion.

The promo for existing customers requires the purchase a new phone on the tab AND the $65 plan.

You have to do both to get the bill credit.

Okay, thank you for your help.

Have a great night.