Koodo Community
Solved

can I switch to public mobile?

• 3 March 2022
  • 7 replies

I just bought a phone locked to koodo. I get unlimited calling for $25 but not enough data to use Google maps. I had public mobile before and I got all that for $23 plus lots of free data  

Can I switch back? 

icon

Best answer by Goran 3 March 2022, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can always switch providers. 

Depending on where you purchased your phone you have up to a 30 day return window 

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There is a buyers remorse period for returning the phone. How long as it been? What plan do you have currently though? Is it prepaid? You do have the option to download maps offline, and then the actual navigation uses far less data.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you bought a phone on Tab and want to keep it. And want to switch to PM... It's possible. You just need to pay off tab balance AND pay a tab bonus back.   It could be expensive.

There is a buyers remorse period for returning the phone. How long as it been? What plan do you have currently though? Is it prepaid? You do have the option to download maps offline, and then the actual navigation uses far less data.

I have the $25 a month plan...I've already spent $13 on data. I want to keep the phone, but switch providers.. 

If you bought a phone on Tab and want to keep it. And want to switch to PM... It's possible. You just need to pay off tab balance AND pay a tab bonus back.   It could be expensive.

What do you mean by on tab? I paid the full amount for the phone. Is that not on tab?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What do you mean by on tab? I paid the full amount for the phone. Is that not on tab?

If you bought it outright then you’d have no tab and can signup for a new public mobile account and port your number back no problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you bought your phone  outright/full, then you don't need to worry about the tab balance.

Tab is like a payment plan to buy a phone. Instead of paying full, you pay monthly tab fee to buy a phone.

Example:  phone price  is $760.    Pay $0 upfront.    $360 on Tab. Tab bonus  is $400.

- you will pay tab fee $15/mo for 24th.( Total of $360).  And $400 will be reduced by Koodo as long as you say with Koodo, or not upgrade to new phone.

More info about Tab : https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/everything-you-need-to-know-about-tab?search_api_views_article_search_fulltext=Tab

Add: 

I took too long to reply 😅