Koodo Community
Question

can I forward texts/calls to international SIM to avoid roaming?

• 1 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am currently in Thailand, from Canada.  If I purchase a local sim, set up call forwarding on my iPhone to the new number, and then swap out the SIM, will I be able to review texts or calls from home without being charged extra? 

Thank you! 
-Jessica

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, you could only forward to a North American number (starting with +1) more here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-forwarding

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could leave your Koodo phone/sim on and active and then turn off your mobile data.

If you don’t send any texts back, pick up, or make calls then you won’t get charged anything.

That way you can see incoming texts and calls, and then use your other phone/sim to respond to the text or call the person back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello,

I am currently in Thailand, from Canada.  If I purchase a local sim, set up call forwarding on my iPhone to the new number, and then swap out the SIM, will I be able to review texts or calls from home without being charged extra? 

Thank you! 
-Jessica

Have you considered using an app where you can make or receive calls from a local Canadian number? You can download Fongo and have those calls forwarded to that number instead.

As for your text messages, you should still be able to receive them for free, assuming you keep your Koodo SIM card in your phone.