Koodo Community
Question

Can I add a second phone number to my phone ?

• 11 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I have been using my cell phone as also my business phone for texting only, but my customers keep trying to call me. So I want to have a business phone number that's texting only to communicate with them on, and have my personal phone number for the rest of what I need. Is there a way to do that? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The most affordable solution would be a prepaid plan and a phone that supports eSIM. Then add the prepaid line as an eSIM to your phone and have your personal SIM as well.

I don’t think there is a prepaid plan that has texting only, but Koodo has a $15 plan with unlimited texting. You could leave a message on your prepaid line that informs the customer that the line is only for sending texts and set it so that they won’t be able to leave a message.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have been using my cell phone as also my business phone for texting only, but my customers keep trying to call me. So I want to have a business phone number that's texting only to communicate with them on, and have my personal phone number for the rest of what I need. Is there a way to do that? 

Since you are dealing with a business, it may be worthwhile considering a SMS platform where you can deal with a lot of text messages. Have you considered looking into SimpleTexting or Salesmsg? You can access them on a computer without interfering with your personal number.