Koodo Community
Question

Call Forwarding - Voicemail Not Picking Up

Hi there! 

My work has setup that my extension from the business number is redirected to my cell number. If I’m available to pick up, the call goes through no problem, if I don’t pick up it won’t go to my cell voicemail. They are using a Rogers Unison system and I am on Koodo. 

Any thoughts? I’m not even sure how to ask the question! 

Thank you!

Miranda

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Calls are directed to voicemail when you don’t answer by default. This is done through conditional call forwarding. You can review the FAQ page with details about conditional / unconditional call forwarding here: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-forwarding#:~:text=On%20a%20Koodo%20cell%20phone%2C%20you%20can%20configure,Code%20is%20not%20equal%20to%201%29%2C%20isn%E2%80%99t%20allowed.

I think you could temporarily disable your conditional call forwarding, and effectively your voicemail by either disabling your conditional call forwards, or setting them to a dead-end number.

First, dial these codes and note your existing voicemail deposit number that you can use to later program them back if you’d like to re-enable your voicemail afterwards:

*#61# - no answer
*#62# - unreachable
*#67# - busy/declined

Then try disabling all three by dialing ##004#. Then try the above codes again and check if it shows the same number active and/or try calling your mobile to see if voicemail engages still.

If it still goes to voicemail, try setting all three conditional forwards to a dead-end number like 000-000-0000 by dialing *004*0000000000#

Now when the call would normally direct to voicemail after X rings (usually 25 seconds) the call will simply fail, or play a fast busy instead of going to voicemail. Hopefully this also helps your works Rogers Unison phone system from detecting the call as “answered” by your voicemail.

To put things back after, you can try either dialing ##004# again, or if that doesn’t work, use the number you noted previously and put it instead of the X’s here: *004*XXXXXXXXXX#

Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens to the forwarded call when no one picks up?

I think it just gets redirected - I haven’t been on the other end to try yet but my boss told me it just gets redirected and doesn’t go to my voicemail. I will try the above and see what happens!

*004*0000000000# give me failed to meet an application constraint and that it’s barred by the operator. 

When I put in ##004# it says call forwarding, erase successful. 

Not sure if that’s what’s supposed to happen but I never got my voicemail deposit number from the other steps. 

Thanks for trying anyways!!

So when they call me and I don’t answer it seems to go to my mailbox (like if you were trying to access it) not the voicemail box itself. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's weird. What if you use another number and try to call your cell directly and do not answer?