Koodo Community
Question

Call can not be completed as dialed when in poor reception area

When I am in a poor reception area, and someone tries to call me, they don’t hear any ringing on their end and eventually they get a message saying the call can not be competed as dialed. No opportunity to leave voicemail even. Tried switching sim to a loaner phone, and still the same issue, so assuming it’s not an issue with the phone itself. However, if I turn the phone off, they can leave a voicemail. This just started happening a while ago. Could it be a faulty sim card?

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I am in a poor reception area, and someone tries to call me, they don’t hear any ringing on their end and eventually they get a message saying the call can not be competed as dialed. No opportunity to leave voicemail even. Tried switching sim to a loaner phone, and still the same issue, so assuming it’s not an issue with the phone itself. However, if I turn the phone off, they can leave a voicemail. This just started happening a while ago. Could it be a faulty sim card?

That is a possibility. Have you tried resetting your network settings and try again to see if the same issue occurs?

Yes, I did reset the network connections. It still does the same thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@rav931  - Out of curiosity, do both lines on the account experience the same issue? That would help us determine if it is in fact a SIM card issue.

The other line is still normal. When it is in a no service area, the caller still hears it ringing, and it will go to voicemail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The other line is still normal. When it is in a no service area, the caller still hears it ringing, and it will go to voicemail.

That does sound like a faulty SIM card, since the other line is working perfectly.

You might want to head to your nearest Koodo store to get a SIM card replacement and update it on your Self-Serve account. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-sim-support

Will Koodo just send me out a new SIM, or do I need to go in to a store?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Will Koodo just send me out a new SIM, or do I need to go in to a store?

You need to get one from your nearest Koodo store. 

Ok, Thanks so much for all the help and advice

I picked up a new SIM card yesterday and switched over to it. Tried resetting the network settings one more time just for fun too. Still has the same issue.  Not sure what else to do.

Is this a Koodo network issue somehow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I picked up a new SIM card yesterday and switched over to it. Tried resetting the network settings one more time just for fun too. Still has the same issue.  Not sure what else to do.

Is this a Koodo network issue somehow?

If you can provide the last four digits of your phone number with reference to the line in question, this will allow the rep to take a closer look. I’ve flagged a rep to help.

Which phone do you have?

Is your phone set to LTE, 4G or 3G?

Since cellular reception is minimal and if your phone is compatible, you may want to look into Wi-Fi Calling as an option.

Wi-Fi Calling | Koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rav931 

We have checked the account and everything looks good on our end.

We suggest scheduling a call back (https://koo.do/Chat ) with our technical support, so they can further investigate.

Koodo did a call back. Phone line seems good again now. The very helpful lady at Koodo said she will do another follow up next week to make sure it is still functional.