Koodo Community
Question

Broken Phone

• 21 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Have a pre owned phone that is under warranty but I broke the screen and it is no longer working but the rest of the phone I think is working.  I realize that I might have to pay the tab balance and tab bonus but what I want to know can I send the broken phone back in for a credit.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can trade in the broken phone for a credit. It admittedly won’t be a whole lot if the phone is broken but you may get something.

You can use Telus’s trade in tool to get an estimate as to how much you’d get: https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/trade-in-bring-it-back-returns

Thanks...I finally got a call back and can exchange it but only at a store and all of the stores are in malls.  Everything is online when you want to sign up but nothing online when you have issues.. kind of frustrating.        There are some stores you can sell to online..

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks...I finally got a call back and can exchange it but only at a store and all of the stores are in malls.  Everything is online when you want to sign up but nothing online when you have issues.. kind of frustrating.        There are some stores you can sell to online..

If everything else on your phone is working, have you considered bringing it to your local repair shop to replace the screen instead? 

I did but the cost of repair is pretty much what my tab is...