Koodo Community
Solved

Blocking callers downside

• 5 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2

I’ve blocked about 7 numbers which is working very well however since then, I’ve had some friends trying to call me and they need to press a one single digit to be able to bypass the blocking feature.  Is this part of the blocking option, because most of them don’t listen to all of the message and hang up without hearing the prompt to enter the single digit number to proceed.  Hope my question is clear enough. 

then they tell me, “ I tried to call you but your number’s blocked” 

TY

icon

Best answer by Goran 5 October 2021, 03:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is part of the Call Control feature that Koodo introduced in order to put a stop on spam calls. There is more info here:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

As it says, you can also add authorized numbers that don’t need to dial a single digit to complete the call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, that’s part of the call protection. You can add their number to your approved list so they won’t get this message any longer. I believe you can store about 25 numbers in that list.

Userlevel 2

So I guess that is the same as blocking a “robot” spam caller, they wouldn’t know/understand what number to press to complete the call.  I get it now.  thanks to all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So I guess that is the same as blocking a “robot” spam caller, they wouldn’t know/understand what number to press to complete the call.  I get it now.  thanks to all.

They just need to enter the number once. The system should remember and doesn’t ask the next time they call.

You could also manually add your contact to “Authorized Callers”.

More here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

Userlevel 2

They just need to enter the number once. The system should remember and doesn’t ask the next time they call.

You could also manually add your contact to “Authorized Callers”.

More here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/call-control

Nice to know that the same caller should not have to enter the code each time, thank you.

Userlevel 2

I really like this forum,  very helpful and knowledgeable peeps here.  Makes me want to stay with Koodo for sure.  Anxious to see if they’ll be offering their triple data plan soon like they did in the spring, I think it was??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I really like this forum,  very helpful and knowledgeable peeps here.  Makes me want to stay with Koodo for sure.  Anxious to see if they’ll be offering their triple data plan soon like they did in the spring, I think it was??

If you see a good deal, it’s always recommended to get it before it’s gone. Generally speaking, the best deals show up during Good Friday, Boxing Week, and during Back to School. 

Userlevel 2

If you see a good deal, it’s always recommended to get it before it’s gone. Generally speaking, the best deals show up during Good Friday, Boxing Week, and during Back to School. 

Good to know, thanks