Koodo Community
Question

Block outgoing calls at network level

• 16 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I was wondering if Koodo has a functionality where I can provide a phone number so you can block both incoming and outgoing calls & texts between my account and that number? I understand that you can use a blocked caller list on my iphone but it is easy for someone to just remove the number from that list, so the functionality is useless.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo doesn’t offer this. The closest thing is Call Control that helps reduce unwanted calls by prompting incoming callers to enter a randomly-generated number (0-9), which the caller must enter correctly before the call can be connected. Callers with no response (e.g. robo-dialers) or an incorrect response won’t be able to complete the call and will hear a standard Call Control message instead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If someone wants to contact a phone and the receiver wants to get those messages, there is no real way to prevent this.  Even if there was a way to stop calls and texts, there are many other apps that can be used to send messages and/or make calls. 

It is very much uncontrollable, unless you get a phone designed for young children like the Pinwheel Smartphone.