Koodo Community
Solved

Bad Credit

• 24 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there, due to an injury and becoming handicapped a few years ago, my credit is less than stellar.  Actually had my order for a new sim card cancelled today because of it.

Is there a cash deposit I can give to secure a monthly payment plan, or am I just going to be referred to the prepaid plans.

I would also like to add a previously used phone, but would like to know what I can do to make this happen. Would a credit card in my name help?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 24 August 2021, 04:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try to go to the Koodo kiosk and ask for the spending limit program and build up your credit with them https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/spending-limit-program

Also, normally when you ordered online, you would have to use your own credit card with the same address registered with Koodo.

Thanks for the answer, but I dont think you understand. I am currently not a Koodo customer, but am trying to be. I did use a credit card with my name to order a sim card today and it came back hours later saying it was cancelled due to credit history. Maybe because it was Visa debit? I dont use an actual credit card unless for emergencies. 

So, is it possible to pay a deposit, or try again with a regular credit card?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, I answered your last question in the 1st post “Would a credit card in my name help”.

If you were denied by them already, then No, don’t try again. It might create more issue with your credit score. I would suggest you visit a Koodo kiosk and see what they could do. If they couldn’t help, you might have to stay with prepaid until your credit score gets better.