Koodo Community
Question

Authorize this number?

• 31 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I’m new to Koodo. I want to sign up for a plan and buy a new phone here, but transfer my phone number from my current SIM card to the new one when it arrives. I’ve found instructions for how to do this, however I’m not sure how to handle on the Checkout page where it asks permission to “authorize this number” (the new SIM card number which I won’t be keeping) to make changes on my account. Do I just have to phone someone or buy in-store to get around this? Thanks for any insights. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The best way to go about it is by signing up with a random number. Then after you receive your SIM card and verify everything works, you can start the process of porting in your own number in self serve.

Edit: rereading what you said, I’m unclear if you already have a plan with Koodo or someone else. Can you confirm which please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m new to Koodo. I want to sign up for a plan and buy a new phone here, but transfer my phone number from my current SIM card to the new one when it arrives. I’ve found instructions for how to do this, however I’m not sure how to handle on the Checkout page where it asks permission to “authorize this number” (the new SIM card number which I won’t be keeping) to make changes on my account. Do I just have to phone someone or buy in-store to get around this? Thanks for any insights. 

Welcome to Koodo! You are better off getting the SIM card with the temporary number, since you will not be able to use your existing service while porting over to Koodo during activation.

For more information, you can visit this link. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo