Koodo Community
Question

audio and facetime call issues

• 20 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I just got this phone maybe two weeks ago that I’ve noticed, I’ve had issues with FaceTime not going through, wifi is perfectly fine. I try making FaceTime calls and they don’t hear it on the receiving end but it rings. Second thing is, when playing back voice memos on the iPhone 12 VS IPhone XR. The 12 seems to have a low volume quality. I’ve gone through all settings to assure volume is not down. Third is I noticed a tiny spec of search near the lense. Considering it’s a brand new phone I wouldn’t hope to think there would be a scratch. I’m unable to call tech support due to my work hours. Can someone help me pls? 

I’ve had a same issue with the iPhone 11 on my account as of making a post regarding low volume but no one can’t seem to help resolve the issue? 

Should I contact Koodo as you sell the phone or contact Apple? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Facetime normally showed “calling” even people at the other end didn’t pick up or had their device off. As it is a new phone, I recommend you reset network settings of the phone and update it to the latest software available from Apple and see if that fix things.

If the phone continues to behave like that, contacting apple support https://support.apple.com/en-ca is much easier and faster than contacting Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try disabling Audio Ducking by going to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver > Audio - Audio Ducking. Move the toggle switch to the off position. This may help resolve audio issues in Facetime and Voice Memo playback. 

“Audio ducking, a feature that kicks in when you make or receive a Facetime call, lowers the volume of other audio sources so that you can make that Facetime call without having to locate/deactivate the other sound”.

If you’re not satisfied with your iPhone 12 and it is still within the 15-day return period from the date of purchase, (if bought in-store) return it for a refund or exchange. You’ll be cutting it pretty close if you’ve had the phone for two weeks. If bought online, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return the phone and buy the same or a different model phone.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/returning-or-exchanging-your-koodo-phone