Koodo Community
Solved

account no from BellMTS

• 14 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Trying to activate a second line for my wife. 
Entering data to transfer her number from BellMTS , but it keeps saying my account number is invalid. 
The firm asks for account number OR IMEI number, but still it hangs up wanting a correct account number. 
I told Koodo when I ordered the second line it was for another person (who is not on MTS bill anywhere). 
Am I missing something?

icon

Best answer by PinawaPools 15 November 2022, 19:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You said “transfer her number from BellMTS” and “or another person (who is not on MTS bill anywhere).” which contradict each other.

The line that you are trying to activate, is it with BellMTS or not with BellMTS?
When porting a number, it wants the account number of the provider that the number is with.

Sorry  for the confusion 

my account at BellMTS ( in my name only) had 2 cell phones

i transferred my number to Koodo about a month ago,( mostly with no problems)

wife’s number is still there waiting to be transferred now (just got the new sim today)

the form on Koodo won’t let me get past account number for BellMTS 

I’m using the 9 digit number right off the bill

if I understand the form correctly, I should have the option to use the IMEI number instead, BUT when I try that, they keep insisting that my account number is incorrect 

So what is the point of having the second option, if Koodo keeps insisting on an account number (and I’m providing that to no avail)

thanks for taking the time to read this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you use the same 9 digit BELLMTS account number to port your first line over? 

I tried using that number the first time, but ultimately had to enlist the help of an agent at BellMTS to release my number to Koodo 

since I posted my last message I had to resort to a call back agent this morning who then had to manually intervene in the whole process of porting my wife’s number over to Koodo 

I am happy to report that both phones are now operating fine on Koodo service 

Onward we go…..