Koodo Community
Question

AAL verification process

• 29 September 2021
  • 2 replies

I want to verify the process for verifying an add a line order done with a rep on the phone. I received a text with an AAL offer and called the number from in the message. After discussing with the agent decided to go through with an activation. The asked standard account verification questions like my PIN, DOB and address. Then was asking credit verification question, which felt personal and unnecessary since this is an additional line, and no credit check would be done. The agent explained it was a 4 question verification process that needed to be done for any addition of services. It was questions like the province my SIN was issued. I was uncomfortable with this. She was saying its mandatory guidelines from the CRTC which I know to be untrue. So my question is, is this actually a verification process standard to koodo? 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm, that does seem odd. All they should need is your PIN and if you didn’t remember your PIN they may have some extra questions to ask you.

I would try calling back and seeing if a different rep gives you a better experience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I want to verify the process for verifying an add a line order done with a rep on the phone. I received a text with an AAL offer and called the number from in the message. After discussing with the agent decided to go through with an activation. The asked standard account verification questions like my PIN, DOB and address. Then was asking credit verification question, which felt personal and unnecessary since this is an additional line, and no credit check would be done. The agent explained it was a 4 question verification process that needed to be done for any addition of services. It was questions like the province my SIN was issued. I was uncomfortable with this. She was saying its mandatory guidelines from the CRTC which I know to be untrue. So my question is, is this actually a verification process standard to koodo? 

Have you also tried calling them at 1-833-838-2818 to add a line? I am not sure if this is the same number you got in your text, but I think it is worth a try. https://www.koodomobile.com/add-a-line