Koodo Community
Question

1 app not working while on data

• 13 December 2022
  • 6 replies

1 app, Stingray music not to name it, is not working anymore while I'm on data only. It works fine on wifi. I searched the internet, reinstalled the app, reset network settings, checked permissions etc. Tried pretty much everything I could find on google.

Funny enough, when i reached my max data usage last month i was using the app and it hasn't worked since (koodo had auto disabled my data until the end of the month) 

Dont think that's possible but wondering if Koodo somehow could have blocked the app from using my data. Just can't find a way to get the app to work on data anymore.

Any idea?

Many thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo does not block the app.

Depending on your phone, go into your data settings and see if data is disabled for that app

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think it’s just a coincidence that you’ve run out of data. The app works over Wi-Fi and likely requires a mobile data connection to continue streaming content when away from a Wi-Fi source. The app should work as it did when you have access to data (end of the month).

Thanks for the suggestions. Alright. Don't ask me why. After trying trying multiple things here's what fixed it: I switched the network mode from GMS/HSPA/LTE (auto connect) to GMS/HSPA (auto connect) and it started working again. Go figure. Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestions. Alright. Don't ask me why. After trying trying multiple things here's what fixed it: I switched the network mode from GMS/HSPA/LTE (auto connect) to GMS/HSPA (auto connect) and it started working again. Go figure. Cheers.

Thanks for the update. I guess data was not completely cut off after all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does it work if you swtich back to GMS/HSPA/LTE?

Sounds like LTE data connection is not working for you

Does it work if you swtich back to GMS/HSPA/LTE?

Sounds like LTE data connection is not working for you

Yes, once I switched to GMS/HSPA it started working again, then went back to GMS/HSPA/LTE  and it was working fine. Weird that it was the only app doing this.