Koodo Community

CPOs are a rip off

Sell certified pre owned phones that actually work or replace the ones that don’t. Biggest rip off.

Pre owned phones come with a warranty. What problems are you having with yours?

Pre owned phones come with a warranty. What problems are you having with yours?

I have already been through it with reps who won’t do anything without me paying out of pocket.. waste of money

How old is the phone? What is wrong with it?

How old is the phone? What is wrong with it?

Had it for 7 months. 2 month in it broke in half in the case while being used, wouldn’t cover under warranty cause it was “physical damage” even though it was not dropped. And volume buttons stopped working at the same time. Last month screen stopped working and won’t come back on.. can’t reset because of the volume buttons.

Yikes, yeah that’s a sticky situation. I can’t say I have had to claim warranty yet (famous last words I’m sure)… but… is it possible for you to seek a second opinion, like in store or something like that?

In order to send it away in store I have to authorize paying up to $500 in repairs for anything they deem not covered by warranty. 

After speaking to Apple it would cost around $500 to fix and once fixed is worth around $200.

This sort of structural failure is a tough one. I imagine just about any OEM would claim its your fault, and if you paid for NDT testing to show that it was a manufacturing defect, you're likely to spend as much money and they may well still refuse to repair it under warranty. I have issues with the quality of CPOs with Koodo these days being bad, but I honestly don't think that they anticipated your particular phone being ready to snap in half. If you don't see any signs of fatigue of failure of the phone frame, I doubt that Koodo did either.

Which I get, but the fact that I’m stuck paying hundreds of dollars to pay for a phone that worked  for less than 6 months and getting offered to buy out the phone and buy a brand new one is insane.