Koodo Community
Question

Why was I charged a connection fee and how to waive?

• 27 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I understand that if you go in store or use the phone to create a account with Koodo, you will be charged the $60 connection fee. However, if you do it online it will be free - great!

So that’s what I did. I signed up online and got an e-mail confirming my order and was provided with a order confirmation. Yay! The next day though they informed me that it didn’t go through the system and I had to go in-store to set it up -- which means I’d be charged the connection fee. What?? That doesn’t seem fair. So my partner and I (who is also setting up his phone with Koodo, and got the same error) called someone from Koodo customer service who informed him that he CAN in fact sign up in store but because we went through this route and had this error, we can call back or contact Koodo and get it waived, after the first bill comes out. So we did that...and guess what? Koodo said that they can’t do that because we did it in store…but HELLO! We both got order confirmations from when we signed up ONLINE (which was the preference anyways...). I’m wondering if anyone from Koodo can assist with this issue?!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It seems you had issue with a credit check. That was why you were asked to do it in-store. When you signed up instore, the system automatically charged you a connection fee. The rep somehow misinformed you about getting connection fee credit by calling again. This shouldn’t happen unless you were promised during a promotion period.

Anyway, I recommend you contact Koodo again via Koodo Facebook/Twitter (X) messaging to see if you can get anything.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@jennyhoang Can you pls share your order number? Should start with HFO if it was an online order. Your agreement right now shows a dealer (IQ Mobile) doing the sign up. If you have the order number we can take a look at what prevented things.