Koodo Community
Solved

Why is there a red stop sign/exclamation mark under usage for messaging even though I have unlimited messaging?

• 8 February 2022
  • 15 replies

Why is there a red stop sign/exclamation mark under usage for messaging even though I have unlimited messaging?

icon

Best answer by Sophia 8 February 2022, 16:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you text internationally or send text to a “short code”? When you check the detail of that usage, were you charged extra fee?

I chatted with Apple support today.  I am in Canada where I live.  I suspect they’re in the US but I don’t know for sure.  But I have unlimited international messaging..  I don’t know what short code is.. under details it doesn’t show any charges but it only shows up to February 4th.  I appreciate your help thank you 

Did you text internationally or send text to a “short code”? When you check the detail of that usage, were you charged extra fee?

I just googled “short code”.  And sure enough I responded to one of those from Apple help today.  All I texted was”awesome thanks “. Do you think that’s where my problem lies?  And how much do you think I would be charge for that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does your texting still work? 

Do you see the red stop sign in self serve under usage? 

Does your texting still work? 

Do you see the red stop sign in self serve under usage? 

Yes texting still works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you click view details, does it show any fee with the message? When I just signed up with postpaid I had this icon too once or twice, but I was never actually charged extra at all.

No fees yet but it only shows up until February the 4th.  

When you click view details, does it show any fee with the message? When I just signed up with postpaid I had this icon too once or twice, but I was never actually charged extra at all.

Not so fast Koodo.   Why is my issue now marked as solved?  Nothing has been solved yet.  This isn’t an answer.  The good people of this community are helping me begin to get to the bottom of this.

This issue hasn’t been solved yet but it has been marked as solved.  I still need the community’s help.  Please help.  Thanks to those who are trying to help me to so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you make a plan change in the last couple of months? 

Did you make a plan change in the last couple of months? 

No, Sir.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since the billing period ends on 3 days I would wait to see if this impacts your billing. If it does not I wouldn't worry about it. 

Since the billing period ends on 3 days I would wait to see if this impacts your billing. If it does not I wouldn't worry about it. 

Thanks.  That’s what I was thinking too.  I just have a hard time trusting these companies.  I’ve been burned before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there are issues feel free to post back here or even create a new post if needed. If anything unseemly happens we will be able to assist with Options.

With that in mind, any customer is always free to change providers if they are unsatisfied. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think it defaults to displaying the red exclamation mark with any “odd” message, be it a shortcode number or sending a message abroad. Koodo (or any carrier for that matter) may be greedy but they are not monsters :) So if a mistake was made and you are charged something incorrectly, they will definitely rectify that.

Meanwhile I’d just wait till you get your invoice, as Dennis also suggested.