Koodo Community
Solved

Why is there a balance on a cancelled account?

• 4 December 2021
  • 6 replies

I signed up at Best Buy during a recent promotion and within 24 hours there was a price change for the Tab promo. Best Buy said they can normally just call in and do a price adjustment, but Koodo asked them to close the account and reopen a new one.

Fast forward to today, one week later I now receive an ebill for $26.04 for the closed account.

I can’t view it as a tech support individual had confirmed that it was closed and removed from my self serve account when he helped to link the second account to my email.

What now?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 6 December 2021, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You might have to contact Koodo direand ask a rep to look into it. 

Btw, what was the charge about? Was it a few days of service and a Tab? If so, you might not get an adjustment. 

I can’t view the charges. But I didn’t use their phone or the plan as I was reluctant to port my number over right away.

Just got an email for the amount. I already had to contact a rep to link the account to my email and remove the old account. 

The Best Buy folks said normally, Koodo would do the price adjustment since it was within a few hours of sign up and definitely before 15 days. 

Koodo insisted they close the account and create a new one to do the adjustment… 🤦‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you log into the old self-serve and download the old PDF bill?, check the page 3 of it. It should tell the detail. If you can’t, you can ask Koodo rep to check what was in it.

No. As I mentioned. They were both on my one email account and a rep had to remove the old account before adding the price adjusted account.

They confirmed it was cancelled with no balance at the time. Never had such a headache with Rogers, Fido or Shaw before. Waiting for callback now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No. As I mentioned. They were both on my one email account and a rep had to remove the old account before adding the price adjusted account.

They confirmed it was cancelled with no balance at the time. Never had such a headache with Rogers, Fido or Shaw before. Waiting for callback now.

I have flagged a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@xhibiki ,  We have sent you a private message to be able to get some more info. :)