Koodo Community
Question

Why Did My Monthly Charge Increase $10 Without Notice?

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Koodo,

Why did my monthly bill suddenly increase by $10 without notice.

I have not changed plans recently and the last change I made was in response to a Koodo Text Message that increased my data WITHOUT ANY INCREASE in my monthly bill. It was a Koodo Special Offer to existing customers and I reviewed the plan terms before switching and there was NO reference to an increase in the future,

If Koodo is now suggesting there was fine print some where then Koodo is trying to pull a fast one and if that’s the case then put my data back to the level I had before Koodo’s “Special Offer” and return my monthly charge to $50 per line.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have a credit when you signed up? I assume that it was a $10 credit. It likely ended at 12 or 15 or 24 months. Did you review your detailed billing from last month to the latest month to see what changed?

Yes, I saw $10 credit but last month I only paid $51.51 but this month I need to pay $56.5. Why there is $5 different? I haven’t updated the plan. Besides, I have checked the agreement there is no showing any ended 12 or 15 or 24 months? If you can’t keep the previous offer. I probably select another company. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I saw $10 credit but last month I only paid $51.51 but this month I need to pay $56.5. Why there is $5 different? I haven’t updated the plan. Besides, I have checked the agreement there is no showing any ended 12 or 15 or 24 months? If you can’t keep the previous offer. I probably select another company. Thanks. 

Could you download the PDF bill in selfserve to see if the price increase was actually a rateplan increase or something else. Please check the page 3 or 4 for more detail.

By regulation, they can give a 30 day notice about the price increase in your PDF bill (detail bill). I recommend you check the PDF bill of past few months for more insight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Fanny Chu If you look at your July invoice you will see 2 different credit over the last 12 months. A $5 ($4.42 + taxes) and a $10 one. Different credits have different expiry dates. The $5 one was only for 12 months which expired in July. I hope this provides some context.