Koodo Community
Solved

When Does Payment for Seasonal Plan Start

I’m currently out of the Canada for 4 months and I was advised by Koodo to temporarily suspend my service so that I don’t have to pay the full amount of my plan  (50GB UL Can Min SFD) while I’m away. I paused my service on May 2, 2024, but Koodo is still charging me for my 50GB UL Can Min SFD plan this May. Does that mean that I’ll be paying for my regular phone plan service this month only, and I’ll be charged for the seasonal hold plan next month (June)?

icon

Best answer by Flo Koodo 5 May 2024, 15:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As of now, when you loged into your self-serve, could you see that your plan was on a "seasonal hold" plan ? Or was it still the old one?

Yes it says that my current plan is the seasonal hold plan already.

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

when is your normal billing cycle? As it’s likely that you’re correct, that you were just charged your regular monthly bill and that next month you will be charged for the seasonal hold. Some more information on seasonal hold pricing etc can be found here too in case you want to have a look https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/keeping-your-account-open-when-travelling

My normal billing cycle is usually 1st of the month until 26th or 27th of the month. If it is the case that I was charged my regular plan bill this month, is it possible for Koodo to cancel it or for me to pay a discounted price as I changed to seasonal hold plan on May 2nd, which means that I haven’t used much of my regular plan?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

My normal billing cycle is usually 1st of the month until 26th or 27th of the month. If it is the case that I was charged my regular plan bill this month, is it possible for Koodo to cancel it or for me to pay a discounted price as I changed to seasonal hold plan on May 2nd, which means that I haven’t used much of my regular plan?

Possibly, it would be worth a shot 🙂 you can always schedule a call back via your self serve account and see what they say it wouldn’t hurt, though I imagine they might not as billing is a tricky topic sometimes. Seasonal hold pricing is in effect always after the seasonal hold begins not before, so they may be able to charge you a prorated amount instead for the couple days of use instead of a full month, though I don’t think I’ve heard of this being done before.

I can’t seem to schedule a callback from Koodo as I already started my seasonal hold plan and I’m currently outside of Canada. Koodo Assist says that they can’t call back international phone numbers. Is there another way I can speak to a Koodo representative?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

I can’t seem to schedule a callback from Koodo as I already started my seasonal hold plan and I’m currently outside of Canada. Koodo Assist says that they can’t call back international phone numbers. Is there another way I can speak to a Koodo representative?

Sure! You can always contact a rep through the Koodo Facebook page and message one through there, it actually works quite well. Sorry I forgot you were already out of the country 😅 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @wavlia 

The change has been made after the bill was issued, this is the reason why the full regular plan is charged on your most recent bill.

A prorated adjustment will appear on your next bill.

More about proration you can find here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

Hi, so does prorated adjustment mean that I’ll be paying less than 15$ (seasonal hold plan rate) next month since I have to pay the full amount for my regular plan this month?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s correct, the prorated adjustment will be a credit for your old plan that will be reflected on your next bill. Feel free to check the las drop-down in the  article above for more details