Koodo Community
Solved

unknown billing event

For some unknown reason for the last few months I've been getting a 5 dollar charge under data usage listed as an "event" once a week every week. It's adding 20 dollars to my bill. It happens at 5:05 am. I have no idea what this is and since I always have plenty of data left over at the end of my billing cycle am not very happy

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 13 October 2022, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For some unknown reason for the last few months I've been getting a 5 dollar charge under data usage listed as an "event" once a week every week. It's adding 20 dollars to my bill. It happens at 5:05 am. I have no idea what this is and since I always have plenty of data left over at the end of my billing cycle am not very happy

Did you get a text message from 5415?

Not sure, I might have at some point, I might have delete the text

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not sure, I might have at some point, I might have delete the text

What does it say on your bill? Can you provide a screenshot? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tim James  We have taken a look into your account and you have a subscription to a third party application called Mobio VR. 

08-10-2022 18:06:35 PM SMS Sent To Customer Your access to MobioVR at https://ca.mobiovr.com/?uid=<%UID%> has been renewed until 10/15 for $4.99/week (tax exc). To cancel, text STOP MOBIO to 5415 for free or visit www.mobilepaycare.com/reminders Help? ca@vidlands.com or call +1 (855) 956-0493 5415 Successfully Delivered

Oh great news, thanks for the help getting to the bottom of that! 👍

Does texting stop to this remove future charges because I've gottena text from this too saying text to stop 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does texting stop to this remove future charges because I've gottena text from this too saying text to stop 

Yes. To cancel, text STOP MOBIO to 5415. 

This kind charge is illegal. This is fraud. Koodo customers don’t know what the charges are for. No vendor/supplier names are shown in the bill. Koodo just told you these are third-party charge. Who is the third party? I got these charges and follow Koodo instructions, but never found any text message related. Koodo told me to contact third-party, but I email and call the possible vendor/suppliers. No one confirm the charges from them. The new charge shows on the phone bill again. This is definitely not correct. Koodo should stop charging/scamming customers at this way. This is illegal. I refused to pay the unknown charges any more.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This kind charge is illegal. This is fraud. Koodo customers don’t know what the charges are for. No vendor/supplier names are shown in the bill. Koodo just told you these are third-party charge. Who is the third party? I got these charges and follow Koodo instructions, but never found any text message related. Koodo told me to contact third-party, but I email and call the possible vendor/suppliers. No one confirm the charges from them. The new charge shows on the phone bill again. This is definitely not correct. Koodo should stop charging/scamming customers at this way. This is illegal. I refused to pay the unknown charges any more.  

Create a new message in your text messaging app. Enter shortcode 5415 in the “To” field. Then, type STOP (in capital letters) in the main messaging area and press send or return. You should receive a reply that says the subscription service has been cancelled. The message usually includes the name of the subscription service.

There are a few other short codes you can try if 5415 does not work. Try sending STOP to short codes 5387 or 7552. If none of these short codes work, let us know and we can flag a rep who will be able to tell you which subscription service is on your account.