Koodo Community
Question

Unable to pay bill with visa credit card

• 2 January 2023
  • 7 replies

I go to self serve and select the option to option to pay and I am shown the following error. The issue is not with my credit card as I have made multiple payments and is working. Also, the auto setup payments option is not working

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think they had some maintenance at night. I recommend you try again during daytime to see if it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@AnujBahl We did get your payment. Thank you !

@Bernard Koodo I am still unable to setup pre-authorized payments, can you please help me. I get the following error -

I have the same problem with MasterCard.
Can't Pay bill or setup pre-authorization.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@AnujBahl I see what is happening now. You just signed up a month or so ago.  The credit check that was run at the activation still showed your old address  (Alberni st.). For security purposes the first few months of activation requires the address tied to the credit card (Alberni st.) and your Koodo account address to match.  Since there is a mismatch that’s the reason for the conflict.  Somehow the one time payment did go through though. One of our ep can override this limitation and maybe best to set up a callback via Koodo Assist. I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Erf The same situation is happening with your payment attempts as above. A slight mismatch in the addresses causing the error. You could make a payment via your bank or schedule callback and one of our rep can override the restrictions. 

Thank you @Bernard Koodo , this makes sense. The transaction that did go through was from the credit card that has the alberni address. I was not able to make the transaction or setup auth payments from the other credit card. Will setup a call as you suggested