Koodo Community
Question

Stream+ keeps activating when I don't want it

• 24 April 2024
  • 4 replies

For the past 5 months, Stream+ keeps activating itself & charging me. I have myself, my husband and both my parents on my account and all four are being charged for Stream+. I have called in 3 times to have them take it off & reimburse me and the keep assuring me it won’t happen again. They keep asking if it’s someone in my family activating it and 100% it is not. The last person I spoke with insisted I change my password (which I did) saying perhaps my account was hacked. I’m at my whit's end with this. It is so difficult to actually get someone on the phone & I’m sick of having to deal with this. Seriously considering switching to another provider if this can’t be solved. Now today, the chat function to schedule a call back is not working so I can’t even deal with it. 

Has anyone else had this issue?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

First I’ve heard of. If you like, I can flag a rep to assist on the matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NicoleC 

Sorry for the late reply here! 

Just to confirm, are you looking to remove Stream+ from the 3 lines on your account? (We do see that one was already removed)

Yes, I would like to have all of them removed. I would also like all of the charges to be reversed. I would have to look back but I believe I have been charged for 3 or 4 months for all 3 lines. I have never signed up for it and never activated any of them. I would also like to know the phone number to call customer service. I usually book a call back using the online chat tool but every time I log on lately that chat says ‘Oops, this service is temporarily unavailable.’ Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @NicoleC  

We have looked into it and removed Stream+ from the other 3 lines.

Since you are not aware of this addition, there is a high chance that your credentials have been compromised.

Please set a up a new password for your account as soon as possible (make sure it is an unique password that doesn’t match with the passwords that you use for other online accounts).

We have made the necessary adjustments and they will be reflected shortly on your account.

For any other concerns that you may have in this regard, please feel free to email our Privacy Center at  privacy@koodomobile.com.

There is no direct contact number with the customer support, however, we didn’t notice issues with the call back system.

When did you  get that error? After choosing a time slot for the call back?