Koodo Community
Solved

Seeking Credit from cancellation of service

• 2 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Good thing I left Koodo since I hadn’t actually realized until now that I can’t even all the company with a question about my account.  I cancelled on July 27 2022 and have been waiting to get my refund (since my billing cycle ran until around mid-Aug). Having waited a little over 4 weeks without yet getting the credit, I figured I should call and find out what happened to my credit. Was hoping to call and speak to someone about the credit, and the callback option through the self help only provided a window on Sunday afternoon when I’m totally not available. So now the public forum can see how my issue plays out - yay!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 2 September 2022, 22:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Note that

Any amount above $5 remaining on your account for unused days will automatically be refunded to you through your pre-authorized payment method. If you haven’t enabled pre-authorized payments, you’ll receive the refund by cheque. This can take 30-60 days.

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/things-know-about-cancelling-koodo

See how fast you got an answer.

Also instead of tying up another rep on an unnecessary call, we were able to find your answer for you and maybe shorten the wait for someone else who might actually need a rep for assistance. 

all my payments were through pre-authorized payments. So it was my understanding that I should receive my credit (via my pre-authorized payment method, not by cheque) within four weeks. the 30-60 day period seems to be for the issuance of a cheque.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you login to your self serve, how much credit is shown on your last detailed pdf ebill? 

the final August bill (PDF detail) is showing $21.67 rate plan adjustment (which should be a credit). $32.01 of my monthly amount would have gone toward service up to Jul 28, and the rest $21.67 should be a credit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so we are narrowing things down. It's not refund issue but an invoice issue with a credit that you think should be applied but not.

My next question is what is your billing cycle?

And can you post a screenshot of page 3 or 4 of your pdf ebill (blackout any personal info of course) 

the billing cycle end date was the 10th of each month. Screen shots of payment summary, and also the page showing no usage charges (i’m assuming during the period after I cancelled my service)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sorry I need to see the page with the Monthly and other charges with the month and day in brackets beside it.

Something like this 

It should show the charge for the plan, and any credit or proration return or each of the 2 different days. 

I don’t have the equivalent of that page on my August 10 statement/bill (recall I cancelled service on July 27 2022). But on my July 10 2022 bill, here is the screenshot:

I’m not sure how much further I can take this conversation - it does seem really strange that i need to send so many screenshots...i take it you don’t work for Koodo? You’re just helping out somehow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep to help you further. I’m sure the information Dennis and you shared will the useful to them, so don’t worry about him not working for Koodo - all little bits help in that regard :)

Hello @BigCityPlant

The total of your monthly bill is $50 + tax (billing cycle Jul 11 - Aug 10).

Since you cancelled on Jul 27, you were only charged for 17 days ($28.33 + tax - $32.01) and you received a credit for 13 days, the rest of the billing cycle ($21.67 + tax = $24.49).

The payment of $32.01 was automatically made on Jul 28, so now your final balance with Koodo is $0.

Ok I see now @Lavinia Koodo. I didn’t expect that to happen, but now I see what happened - all good. Thanks!