Koodo Community
Solved

Roaming & Application Fee

I was charged a roaming fee but didn’t leave Canada.  I was also charged an application fee but have no idea why.  How do I get the roaming fee reversed and more details on the application fee?  

icon

Best answer by Chris Koodo 9 March 2023, 14:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I was charged a roaming fee but didn’t leave Canada.  I was also charged an application fee but have no idea why.  How do I get the roaming fee reversed and more details on the application fee?  

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you close to the American border? For future reference, be sure to set network selection mode to manual, and pick Koodo from the list that populates. Your phone will only attempt to connect to Koodo. And you can turn off data roaming in your phone network settings as well to decrease the chances of getting a roaming charge as well, since data is constant and calls/texts are not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Suansphone - In regards to the data charge, you weren’t charged for roaming. You were actually charged for purchasing a data top-up once the 10GB in your plan was all used up. 

According to our records, you received a text notification once your data was paused on Feb 25th 

It then looks like like decided to purchase 100MB by replying back to the text with “YES” on March 4th

In regards to the application charge, the $16.99 charge on your bill was from a third party vendor called Boku. They handle payments for various reputable businesses (such as: Microsoft, Xbox, Facebook and more). 

If you have questions about where exactly the charge originated from you’ll need to reach out to them directly. 

If you believe the charge is from Microsoft/Xbox, it would be quicker to contact them directly at Microsoft Store Support