Koodo Community
Question

Request for clarification on bill overcharge

• 9 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Dear Kuddo Community,

I am writing this to clarify a misunderstanding and false charge that was included in my recent bill. As a loyal customer, I would like to request your attention to this matter, and I hope that this issue will be resolved soon.

Last month, I noticed that my bill was overcharged by $121. When I reached out to your customer representative to inquire about the charge, they informed me that it was for roaming, and I paid the amount despite my hesitation. However, this month, I received a bill of $281 for receiving a call from Canada while I was traveling to Guatemala. I was under the impression that the call would be free, as informed by your customer representative before my trip.

During my recent call with your customer representative, I explained the situation and requested clarification on why I was charged such a high amount. Unfortunately, after an hour of discussion, my call was disconnected, and my issue remained unresolved. I am disappointed with the lack of attention and care provided by your customer service team.

As a customer, I believe it is not fair that I have to pay such a high amount for a call that was supposed to be free. I kindly request your attention to this matter and hope that you can provide me with a satisfactory resolution.

I appreciate your prompt response and attention to this matter.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you have some sort of roaming package on your account while you were in guatemala?

I did not. 
Neither did I call anyone.
I always used wifi for communicating. 

The customer rep told me that 121 was for the roaming and all of that to which i hesitated but eventually paid.

The next month it gives me a bill of 281. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you had no roaming package then you would’ve been subject to the pay per use roaming rates which are as follows:
Charges appear for both incoming and outgoing calls. Any time spent on the phone essentially. The only thing that is free is incoming texts since you can’t really control when a text comes through but you can control if you answer a phone a call.

Charges appear for both incoming and outgoing calls

My friend who called me did not receive any charges. 

I paid my charges for 121 $ the previous month still it shows me 281$ for the next month. 

When I called the customer service they said it will be free when someone calls from Canada and that's what happened but I never knew id be charged so hefty. 

Can I report this issue somewhere?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When someone calls from Canada it is free for them, but as you’re using some other country’s network, you’re the one incurring the charges for that call. What exactly do you want to report?