Koodo Community
Question

Problem with payment card

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! My daughter linked my card to pay the bill can you help me to disconnect it from my card? I don't have access to her account. I don't wanna close this card and she don't wanna unlink it :/

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can put a stop payment through your card company. You also have the option to request a new card number instead of entirely closing the credit card.

You don't have account access so it's not something that Koodo can do in such a situation.

You can put a stop payment through your card company. You also have the option to request a new card number instead of entirely closing the credit card.

You don't have account access so it's not something that Koodo can do in such a situation.

when i contact with my bank, they said i need to contact with Koodo. so...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I mean, ok that's ideal. But You're not an authorized user. I could flag a rep to confirm if it's possible to have your payment info removed from an account that's not yours.

I have reviewed a few different banks,and while some have said it's best to speak to the merchant directly,they all have stop payment requests through online banking that customers can fill out.so I'm really surprised to hear that a rep from your bank said otherwise. RBC says they can't stop pre-authorized payments.

But even if koodo says they cannot,you can at least get a new card number issued.