Koodo Community
Question

Prepaid account suspended? Wheb I have 125$ available in balance

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi guys, my prepaid suppose to renews today (14th) but now it says suspended!! I have 125$ in my credit balance. Of course chat with them is useless so I am at lost!

This is my first time with koodoo and since I don’t have a credit card, I bought vouchers and add 125$ to my account (which is showing in my balance), that is what I was told to do. So now apparently I am out of 125?? Why don’t they use my balance? They say suspended and need to pay to reactivate.

thanks for your time

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Is your phone still working?  As long as it is, you are good.  You will see that suspension message every month around renewal time, and then it will disappear once Koodoo processes your renewal.  It’s a bug in Koodo’s system, the suspension message that is.  You will probably receive a text from Koodo once the renewal is processed and the message will disappear.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s been that way for years. Avoid going to self-serve on the few days bracketing your renewal date… which of course is not by the calendar month, but 30 physical days.

Hi thanks for your answer, makes me feel less stressed out. Phone is working so far. They really need to change this, what a load of stress just before my holidays. They really need to change that message. I will not stress next time,

I just checked my billing cycle ans it’s not on the 14th, it’s on the 15th. So I suppose this is why I have the message , they haven’t yet paid themselves from my balance.

Anyway not a fun way to start the day

Hi thanks for your answer, makes me feel less stressed out. Phone is working so far. They really need to change this, what a load of stress just before my holidays. They really need to change that message. I will not stress next time,

I just checked my billing cycle ans it’s not on the 14th, it’s on the 15th. So I suppose this is why I have the message , they haven’t yet paid themselves from my balance.

Anyway not a fun way to start the day

It is really ridiculous that they have not fixed this. I am postpaid but I switched my husband to prepaid YEARS ago (he barely used data) and like you I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that message - again YEARS ago.

I feel like the whole Koodo system (prepaid and postpaid) is held together with duct tape. Nothing ever gets properly fixed.