Koodo Community
Question

Pre-authorized payment pays off bills late and affects my credit score

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I noticed my credit score report shows that I have a $57 balance with Koodo. Since I set up my pre-authorized payment a few months back, I didn’t expect to see this.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that my credit card gets charged at beginning of the next month (although my bill is out on the 17th), while my credit score report is out right before that. As a result, my credit score has been negatively affected.

Is there a way to pay the bill earlier with pre-authorized payment? I really do not want to pay the bill off manually every month, or to see my credit score continue getting punished.

Thanks a lot!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

I noticed my credit score report shows that I have a $57 balance with Koodo. Since I set up my pre-authorized payment a few months back, I didn’t expect to see this.

I suspect this has to do with the fact that my credit card gets charged at beginning of the next month (although my bill is out on the 17th), while my credit score report is out right before that. As a result, my credit score has been negatively affected.

Is there a way to pay the bill earlier with pre-authorized payment? I really do not want to pay the bill off manually every month, or to see my credit score continue getting punished.

Thanks a lot!

Have you reached out to Equifax or TransUnion to confirm when the balance started showing up? It might have to do with the first month when you started the pre-authorized payment, since it takes one full bill cycle for it to register.

Did you check your previous bank statement to verify if it was taken out when you set it up a few months ago? 

Normally, the payments are withdrawn approximately 15 days before the last day of your next month’s billing cycle. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments