Koodo Community
Solved

Pre authorized payment doesnt work properly and money was returned to my bank account again

• 4 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello Guys,

My payment method is Pre-authorized, but it is returned to my bank account for some reason. So, I wanted to pay it manually through the self-service, but Koodo doesn't know this yet and showed me my bill is 0!

What should I do? Because I don't want to charge for late payment.

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by rikkster 5 February 2022, 02:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello Guys,

My payment method is Pre-authorized, but it is returned to my bank account for some reason. So, I wanted to pay it manually through the self-service, but Koodo doesn't know this yet and showed me my bill is 0!

What should I do? Because I don't want to charge for late payment.

Many thanks

Have you tried updating your pre-authorized payment information to see if it will go through? Did you try using another credit card? https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments

In the meantime, I have flagged a Koodo rep to help you out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@nikabj  Sorry to hear about your issue, you are currently on Pre-authorized Bank Draft, we would suggest calling your bank to find out why your latest payment backed out. In the mean time, the amount due is once again available in your account. You should be able to process a manual payment via CC.  

Hope this helps. 

Thanks for the responses, but yesterday I paid it manually through "Pay a bill" and added Koodo as a payee in my online banking. Then I paid my bill but Kodoo doesn't know about my payment yet. And my due date is the 4th of February. So am I charged because of late payment? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the responses, but yesterday I paid it manually through "Pay a bill" and added Koodo as a payee in my online banking. Then I paid my bill but Kodoo doesn't know about my payment yet. And my due date is the 4th of February. So am I charged because of late payment? Thanks.

It can take 3 to 5 business days to process a manual payment from your financial institution. If you pay with a Canadian credit card, Visa Debit, or select Visa/MasterCard gift cards, payment will immediately show on your account if you’re paying through Self Serve.

Online payment methods | Help