Koodo Community
Solved

Pre authorized debit bank payments.

• 20 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I set up pre authorized payments on my debit card chequing account, every month I transfer some money from my savings to cover the phone bill. I forgot to do that this month, first time it happened, and my bill on self serve says that it still got paid. How is that possible? Is it going to take a couple of days for Koodo to realize that they didn’t get their payment? I’m ready to pay my bill now.

thank you 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 20 February 2022, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The money didn't come out of the account yet?

The money came out of my account when I did not have enough money in the account. I got a NSF fee from the bank. The question is, is my Koodo bill paid, like it shows on self serve, or is it going to update in 3-5 days to show that I haven’t paid? 
Sorry if this is confusing. 
thank you very much. 

On my bank account, it says “item returned NSF” and my bill amount next to it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you didn't have enough money at the time of the withdrawal, the bank system would charge you a NSF fee for it. You can try to contact your bank and see if they can help and waive the charge.

And No, there isn't any money transmited to Koodo and bill wasn't paid.  I would check the date of the transaction in the Koodo billing area and see if they match with your bank.

Thank you very much for the replies. 
the Koodo billing area matches with my bank account. But since the bill wasn’t paid, why does it show on self serve that the bill was paid on the day that I did not have enough money in the account. Is it going to update in a couple of days?

Any help us appreciated.

thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you very much for the replies. 
the Koodo billing area matches with my bank account. But since the bill wasn’t paid, why does it show on self serve that the bill was paid on the day that I did not have enough money in the account. Is it going to update in a couple of days?

Any help us appreciated.

thank you 

The system probably mistakenly thought it was paid, but Koodo will quickly realize that the transaction did not go through. To avoid any late charges, I would suggest you to cancel it for now and pay with your credit card. Once that is sorted out, you can set up your pre-authorized payment again.