Koodo Community
Question

Plan info is wrong on website

• 4 December 2022
  • 9 replies

I signed up at Walmart for the $45 50GB plan when the salesperson at Walmart confirmed with his Koodo rep that I qualified for the plan. But according to the website I have a $65 50GB plan, not the $45 one I signed up for (and there is no mention on my account of a credit for the $20 difference). Why is this info wrong?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In your service agreement and on the website promotion everywhere, it was the $65 plan with $20/m credit for 24 month.

To find the credit, you could go to your self-serve, choose billing and account history. Your credit should show up there.

My credit does not show up there or anywhere else on the site. There is no indication anywhere that I will receive a $20 credit, with all indications being that I will be charged $65. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My credit does not show up there or anywhere else on the site. There is no indication anywhere that I will receive a $20 credit, with all indications being that I will be charged $65. 

This is strange, What did it show on the account history in the billing area though. Could you take a snapshot of it and post here? (hide/delete all personal information before posting pls)

I’m in the same boat. Cannot find any mention of my discount anywhere . Got bill for 65$ without 20$ credit. Nothing in account history.

Here’s the info from my transaction history - no mention of a $20 discount.

Rate plan change

Rate plan

$65 50GB UL Can min SFD (4G Speed)

Effective

November 28, 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@paulc413  and @JGBalbes  Hi there, all the necessary credits are on your accounts and you will be able to see them reflected as of your next billing cycle. :)

Why is there no indication anywhere on my account that my plan includes a $20 credit for 24 months? It is not good enough for me to have to trust Koodo to do the right thing. The plan that I agreed to, $65 with a $20 credit,  should be recorded and displayed in my account. 

Looks like 20$ credits will be applied starting next billing month. First month is regular 65$(without promised discount ofc). Means that the 20$ discount for current month we will  get 2 years later.

This is how customer service representative explained to me.

It was advertised as $45 for 50GB with credits for 24 months - full stop. The promo or reps didn't say that the discount will start sometime in the future and you have to pay full price until then. False advertising.... bait and switch?