Koodo Community
Question

Paying off remaining balance over two bills

• 11 June 2023
  • 7 replies

I requested to pay off my tab balance in the Koodo self serve. It says it would show all on my next billl however I wanted to see if I can split the amount over two bills rather than paying all at once?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you request your Tab to be paid off, it’ll be one lump sum I’m afraid. Be aware you’d have to pay back the Tab bonus as well…

Is there any reason why you want to pay it off?

I thought the tab bonus remains unless you leave before the two years. 

Just wanted to clear it. No specific reason

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Right, if you are not planning to leave Koodo altogether, it doesn’t make sense to pay off the Tab early… especially since you would have to pay back the bonus (even if you are not cancelling your account).

I thought the tab bonus remains unless you leave before the two years. 

Just wanted to clear it. No specific reason

From Koodo

Thanks Lou for sharing this. After reading this, I haven't cancelled my line, changed my rate plan, or upgraded. So I'm not sure why my tab bonus would be payable now. 

I'll call Koodo tomorrow to confirm but this doesn't seem like the tab bonus is payable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Lou for sharing this. After reading this, I haven't cancelled my line, changed my rate plan, or upgraded. So I'm not sure why my tab bonus would be payable now. 

I'll call Koodo tomorrow to confirm but this doesn't seem like the tab bonus is payable. 

You don't need to pay back your Tab bonus if you are not going to upgrade your phone.

But, going back to your original question. You can't pay off your tab balance in two months. It will be one payment as Sophia said.

That is how I read it too