Koodo Community
Solved

Where to see the discount on my first bill?

• 29 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I’m new to Koodo (ported over from Telus to save a bit of money), although my initial e-mail order summary from Koodo showed that I’d get a $5 discount for 24 months:

TOTAL DUE MONTHLY

$50 30GB UL Can Min SFD (4G Speed) $50.00
Easy Roam INTL- PayPerUse Access On $0.00
International Data Roaming $0.00
International Voice Roaming $0.00
Easy Roam US - PayPerUse Access On $0.00
$5 Visual Voicemail $5.00
Pay-Per-Use Intl Long Distance $0.00
Monthly Tab charge $0.00

Sub total $55.00
GST (5.0%) $2.75
Monthly bill credit (24 months) -$5.25

Total due each month $52.50

(plus applicable taxes and fees)

but I just received my first bill and its missing the monthly credit:

Monthly charges

$55.95

AB 911 Government Fee $0.95

$50 30GB UL Can Min SFD (4G Speed) $50.00

$0 Call Control $0.00

$0 Rollover Data $0.00

$5 Visual Voicemail $5.00

Subtotal

$54.67

GST / HST

$2.73

Total Due

$57.40

Just hoping someone might be able to take a peek for me. :)

icon

Best answer by Dinh 29 May 2023, 23:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Credits won’t immediately be reflected in your Self Serve account and will show only when your next bill is issued. So if you have nothing by next month, I would come back here.

Credits won’t immediately be reflected in your Self Serve account and will show only when your next bill is issued. So if you have nothing by next month, I would come back here.

Thanks Robert!  I’ll wait until my next bill and keep an eye out.  I appreciate the quick response. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When I looked into the number above, the number  didn't add up to the total amount. Was it the information in the summary of the bill? Could you download the PDF bill and check the page 3 and 4 of it? I think the credit might have been applied already.

As well, the first bill generally had a partial amount from the previous billing cycle. 

When I looked into the number above, the number  didn't add up to the total amount. Was it the information in the summary of the bill? Could you download the PDF bill and check the page 3 and 4 of it? I think the credit might have been applied already.

As well, the first bill generally had a partial amount from the previous billing cycle. 

Hello Dnh,

You’re right, I downloaded the PDF and it does show the discount as well as a partial charge on the temporary phone number that was assigned to me before I ported over my number.  The $5 credit is only showing under the temporary number at the moment, so I’ll wait for my next bill to come through to see if it gets swapped around.  I appreciate the insight!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

it is good to know! If the credit doesn't show up on your next bill, you can comeback to the forum and someone will flag a rep to look into it for you.