Koodo Community
Solved

Not a Koodo customer but bills were charged

• 13 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I am not a Koodo customer but two bills (Nov and Dec) were charged from my checking account? How is this happening!

icon

Best answer by Dennis 13 January 2023, 22:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Contact your bank right away.  

Im worried someone may have access to your bank account to pay koodo.

Aside from seeing 2 Koodo charges from your checking account, are you seeing anything else?  Emails from Koodo, etc?

What days did you see the withdrawals in Nov. and Dec?

Contact your bank right away.  

• I contacted the bank and they suggested to reach you to know which customer is using it or how. Just to ensure I never signed up with Koodo.

Im worried someone may have access to your bank account to pay koodo.

• Not sure about that, this is my RBC checking account.

Aside from seeing 2 Koodo charges from your checking account, are you seeing anything else?  Emails from Koodo, etc?

• No emails from Koodo or nothing else.

What days did you see the withdrawals in Nov. and Dec?

• see screenshots.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The days could line up for a pre-authorized payment.

But I am shocked RBC would ask you to contact Koodo about this since You are not a Koodo customer.  This is for all intents and purposes, fraud.

Have your bank revoke any pre-authorized payments associated with that pre-authorization.  And report those payments as fraud.

“This is for all intents and purposes, fraud.” 

• thats great to hear from you.

Have your bank revoke any pre-authorized payments associated with that pre-authorization.  And report those payments as fraud.

• their easy solution was to deactivate the account and open a new one. I was not convinced because I am not sure why this should happen. But I will go to the bank again and talk to the manager.
  • yes, they are working with fraud department but will take 15 days.

Thanks a lot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s not my bank.

The the onus of stopping fraudulent payments is on the bank/credit card.  If someone was using your credit card you would need to contact your credit card company to stop the payment, not the retailer.  

Koodo will not be able to search for your bank transaction via their payment system. 

At the end of the day it is your money and your chequing account.  Do what you feel is necessary.