Koodo Community
Solved

Need assistance outside of Canada

• 27 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello!

I’ve moved from Canada to Sweden; I called before I left the country to have my account cancelled by the end of August and it is now almost October and I’m still getting charges on my account for a number no longer in use.

I tried calling customer service but they need a Canadian phone number which I, obviously, no longer have, as my SIM card has been deactivated.

Does anyone know how I can resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 27 September 2022, 20:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The best way to contact them from overseas is through Facebook or Twitter DM. Did you receive any confirmation that your account was cancelled in August?

I received an email about a day after I’d spoken to a rep that confirmed the cancellation but otherwise no other emails.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It might be just a heads up that you still have some credit left - what information is Koodo still sending you? Can you still log into self serve?

Yes, I can still log in to self-serve. They’re still sending me e-bills - but I have no idea what the charges are for. I can’t get into my Usage tab to see what the charge is based on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I can still log in to self-serve. They’re still sending me e-bills - but I have no idea what the charges are for. I can’t get into my Usage tab to see what the charge is based on. 

You can access to your self serve for 90 days after the cancellation.

Can you check your EBill to see all the changes? It could be a Tab fee or some overage needed to pay off...?

You can access to your self serve for 90 days after the cancellation.

Can you check your EBill to see all the changes? It could be a Tab fee or some overage needed to pay off...?

No, unfortunately the e-bill does not show what the changes are. It just says it’s for September, which is why I’m confused since the account has not been in use since August and is supposed to be closed. I’m assuming it’s a type of overage but I’d like to know what for and I’m getting no information from self-serve or the e-bill. Super frustrating. :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @elsalinnea  We have taken a look into your account. You don’t have a charge, you have a credit remaining on your account. Whenever you see a negative sign in front of the amount, it means it's a credit, not a charge. 

Hi there @elsalinnea  We have taken a look into your account. You don’t have a charge, you have a credit remaining on your account. Whenever you see a negative sign in front of the amount, it means it's a credit, not a charge. 

Hi! Thank you so much for the clarification, I did not know this.