Koodo Community
Solved

My plan was changed to more expensive one without any notice

• 17 February 2023
  • 14 replies

I paid 50 dollars/month for many years, and didn’t change my plan to more expensive one, yet this February I received a 5$ increase not including tax. What is it? Can someone please explain.

What does expires mean? I didn’t have any tab plans or other time-limited contracts.

In addition to that, my plan now doesn’t show any relevant info in dropdown:

I compared Jan and Feb bill and they differ only in 50/55 number, that’s it.

How to revert it back?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 17 February 2023, 06:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you check your previous bill ( PDF), there should be a notification on the very bottom of the bill.

Many grandfathered plans were increased the price...

If you check your previous bill ( PDF), there should be a notification on the very bottom of the bill.

Many grandfathered plans were increased the price...

You right, I just noticed that. But this looks like a damn scam to me. I know legally I’m not right, because it was stated in the bill, but c’mon, you (Koodo) inform me about payment increase in a f* shady way at the end of the bill that to be honest no one reads, especially people with auto-payment. Smart way Koodo. Applause. Any company that respect their customers would send a notification, email, any type of correspondence to give me a choice to cancel my plan, change it, with that Jan bill. And this line “In accordance with the service terms, you accept the change by continuing to use the service”. Oh I hate that. Brilliant loophole, but boy I hate that. Damn you Koodo.

How can I change the plan back to 50$ even with less data? I want to be in control of my plan. I don’t want to be controlled by Koodo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How can I change the plan back to 50$ even with less data? I want to be in control of my plan. I don’t want to be controlled by Koodo.

In self serve you go to your plan and you can change it from there with a list of available plans based on your tab.

If you want one of the starter plans, you need to schedule a call back with Koodo assist 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

In self serve you go to your plan and you can change it from there with a list of available plans based on your tab.

If you want one of the starter plans, you need to schedule a call back with Koodo assist 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Thank you, I have scheduled a callback. If Tab is a contract, then I don’t have any Tab. The problem with Plan Change in Self Service is that you will never ever see a plan that is less expensive than yours. So I basically have and had no way to change let’s say from my 50$ plan to 45$ with less data, or from $55 right now to $50. This list always show plans with either same price or higher. I guess this an entire telecom industry standard to keep customers on the hook of upgrading and paying more and more, but no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You right, I just noticed that. But this looks like a damn scam to me. I know legally I’m not right, because it was stated in the bill, but c’mon, you (Koodo) inform me about payment increase in a f* shady way at the end of the bill that to be honest no one reads, especially people with auto-payment. Smart way Koodo. Applause. Any company that respect their customers would send a notification, email, any type of correspondence to give me a choice to cancel my plan, change it, with that Jan bill. And this line “In accordance with the service terms, you accept the change by continuing to use the service”. Oh I hate that. Brilliant loophole, but boy I hate that. Damn you Koodo.

I hate the way they notified us.
We have mentioned that they should put those notifications on top of the bill - not bottom of it. This way customers are more aware of increase and not shocked by price difference .  It will also reduced the amount of people calling in.   But no, they don’t seems that important… :( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@vancoder and @Mayumi - We actually sent out an email along with the bill notification advising customers of the rate plan increase. 

The email should have been sent to the email we have on file.  I recommend taking a look through your SPAM folder if you’re having trouble finding it.  

Here is a copy of what the email should have looked like:

@Chris Koodo I check my mailboxes many times per day and I didn’t receive any emails with such content in the past 2 months. But I do believe that you may sent it and it may just not reached my mailbox. I would propose to make a separate block in Self Service Overview that would inform customer about price increase there as well. By doing it Koodo will eliminate a problem of undelivered or lost emails.

@Chris Koodo I check my mailboxes many times per day and I didn’t receive any emails with such content in the past 2 months. But I do believe that you may sent it and it may just not reached my mailbox. I would propose to make a separate block in Self Service Overview that would inform customer about price increase there as well. By doing it Koodo will eliminate a problem of undelivered or lost emails.

Or just text - they have everyone’s phone numbers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can confirm that Koodo is sending out an email to let us know bill increase.  I gave received it and zi complete forgot about it.

My mind was set back to their old way to letting us know by putting a notification on very bottom of the bill where no one check.  But, they added the method to letting us know by email now.

I like Lou’s idea of notification via text!

This happened to me too!! No email at all. Very shady Koodo. Something was funny when I had tab medium for years and years and it just showed tab basic before xmas. I am glad now I didn't upgrade my phone. I can easily switch if they keep up their sneaky practices. Where has the hassle free Koodo gone? Back to complicated contracts like all other carriers it seems 😵‍💫

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This happened to me too!! No email at all. Very shady Koodo. Something was funny when I had tab medium for years and years and it just showed tab basic before xmas. I am glad now I didn't upgrade my phone. I can easily switch if they keep up their sneaky practices. Where has the hassle free Koodo gone? Back to complicated contracts like all other carriers it seems 😵‍💫

Maybe you didnt receive the email (honestly I dont think I received an email for my add-on increasing in price either), but it is mentioned on the previous month’s PDF ebill prior to the change, which is the only requirement that Koodo must follow according to the Wireless Code.

If you do intend to change your plan or carrier due to the $5 price increase, and you missed this notification, it is really only $5.  You are still able to change your plan or carrier at anytime.

Public mobile has 40$ a month plan with 15gb data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is at 4G speeds too, so that is a perfectly viable option. It’s owned by Telus as well, so it’s the same network coverage.