Koodo Community
Question

Minutes show calls made from my own phone number to myself?

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello! I was checking out my bill as I’m out of the country right now and in the USA and I’ve been trying to stay diligent about avoiding excessive fees. I’ve been moderately successful, except with one thing. My minutes show me a handful of calls being made from my own phone number, apparently originating from and being received in the USA. The receiving part obviously makes sense, but I didn’t make calls those days, and I certainly didn’t call myself. I checked my voicemail just now, and there were a couple in there, but they were old and didn’t have any numbers associated with the numbers given in my minutes info.

What are these phone calls? I’d like to know because they are $1.60 per each one that I’m not making. It racks up!

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you see your own number typically they will indicated checking your voicemail or if it was private number

Who is ‘they’ in this case? I hadn’t checked my voicemail those days, either. Are you saying I get charged for my phone calling its own voice mail?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you saying I get charged for my phone calling its own voice mail?

Yes.  You are on a foriegn roaming network.  Any talk that is done, incoming or outgoing will incur roaming charges, including calling your own voicemail. calling 1800 numbers, etc.