Koodo Community
Question

Made a payment plan, and then Koodo took out the money anyhow.

• 17 July 2023
  • 5 replies

So last night after a very difficult couple of years I finally got around to figuring out my bill payments and made a plan to get all caught up, as well as still be able to afford food for my family and everything else. 
Part of that plan meant making some payment arrangements wherever possible - so I logged into all my bill accounts (gas/electricity/phone/internet/etc) and was happy to see that KOODO, though somewhat unexpected, was one of the companies that was willing to offer an agreement. 

So, I set things up to pay 120 now, 120 in a few weeks, and then the remainder after that - bingo-bango-bongo click accept, and BAM - arrangement made (I did indeed take a screenshot of the confirmation). 
Feeling good about things, I decide that rather than wait the alloted couple weeks to make the first payment I can pay it now, so I do - cross off $120 of what’s owed and YAY, good times ahead right? 

Well, today when going to buy groceries I suddenly find that I am unable to purchase what I was going to purchase, so I check my accounts - and WELL WOULDN’T YOU KNOW IT, THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AT KOODO decided that ON TOP of the money I already gave them, that I could afford, for the agreement - they would just go ahead and take THE FULL AMOUNT OF WHAT WAS OWING out of my account anyways!!!!  😠

So now here I am, now I’m actually OVERPAID by $120, and I can’t afford the groceries that I was going to get and have to figure this mess out. 

Thanks KOODO, maybe the next time that YOU agree to a payment agreement with someone, you will honor it rather than just go ahead and take out the money anyhow? :/ 

Anyways, I obviously plan on calling them tomorrow but generally it takes some time to get any money given back so I’m still out of luck for my groceries. 

Can’t say I will be sticking with this company much longer if this is how they treat their customers. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So last night after a very difficult couple of years I finally got around to figuring out my bill payments and made a plan to get all caught up, as well as still be able to afford food for my family and everything else. 
Part of that plan meant making some payment arrangements wherever possible - so I logged into all my bill accounts (gas/electricity/phone/internet/etc) and was happy to see that KOODO, though somewhat unexpected, was one of the companies that was willing to offer an agreement. 

So, I set things up to pay 120 now, 120 in a few weeks, and then the remainder after that - bingo-bango-bongo click accept, and BAM - arrangement made (I did indeed take a screenshot of the confirmation). 
Feeling good about things, I decide that rather than wait the alloted couple weeks to make the first payment I can pay it now, so I do - cross off $120 of what’s owed and YAY, good times ahead right? 

Well, today when going to buy groceries I suddenly find that I am unable to purchase what I was going to purchase, so I check my accounts - and WELL WOULDN’T YOU KNOW IT, THOSE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AT KOODO decided that ON TOP of the money I already gave them, that I could afford, for the agreement - they would just go ahead and take THE FULL AMOUNT OF WHAT WAS OWING out of my account anyways!!!!  😠

So now here I am, now I’m actually OVERPAID by $120, and I can’t afford the groceries that I was going to get and have to figure this mess out. 

Thanks KOODO, maybe the next time that YOU agree to a payment agreement with someone, you will honor it rather than just go ahead and take out the money anyhow? :/ 

Anyways, I obviously plan on calling them tomorrow but generally it takes some time to get any money given back so I’m still out of luck for my groceries. 

Can’t say I will be sticking with this company much longer if this is how they treat their customers. 

Have you tried to call #227 to speak with someone in the billing department?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How was Koodo able to take the full amount from you?  Did you just set up pre-authorized payments after a manual $120 payment?

That is extremely upsetting to hear. 

Honestly makes me very concerned about the payment arrangements I was hoping to make - my understanding is when you make the payment through calling 611 your payment information is not "kept" but this makes me seriously question that 

I hope somehow they made things right with you!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That is extremely upsetting to hear. 

Honestly makes me very concerned about the payment arrangements I was hoping to make - my understanding is when you make the payment through calling 611 your payment information is not "kept" but this makes me seriously question that 

I hope somehow they made things right with you!!!

Payment information is only used to automatically pay when you sign up for pre-authorized payments.

Thank you for clarification.

That was my thought - happy to hear!