Koodo Community
Question

long distance charge

• 11 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Why I was charged $3.05 a minute long distance call to Poland, when the call was not connected. I attempted to call twice about 3 minutes each time, but hanged up both times since there was no answer on the other side. In total I was charged over $18 just for attempting to call, without any connection.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was odd, did it connect to a answering machine to the other end or was it a  transferred station? Normally ringing time should only be around 30seconds. 3 minutes of waiting could be the issue with the other end (and Koodo started charging for it).

No, there was no answering machine. Since I tried to call some governmental institution, I was put almost immediately on hold, sort of “wait for the next available agent”, without connecting to live person. I guess I was lucky for not waiting longer for the connection. Thanks for your response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, there was no answering machine. Since I tried to call some governmental institution, I was put almost immediately on hold, sort of “wait for the next available agent”, without connecting to live person. I guess I was lucky for not waiting longer for the connection. Thanks for your response.

Oh, then that was the issue. The moment their system picked up, Koodo considered you started connection and charged you.

Anyway, new Koodo's  plan with unlimited international calling perk allows you to call Poland from Canada for free. I recommend you look into those plans if you often make calls to Poland.