Koodo Community
Solved

Local aircharges for using voicemail

• 30 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Rather than using the default Koodo voicemail number (which requires me to phone for messages, go through security, press numbers to repeat/delete etc.) I have a VoIP number that I set my phone to forward unanswered calls to. (The VoIP service forwards voicemails to my email address as sound files. Much more convenient.)

I just checked my first bill and see that Koodo charges me $0.50/minute for “Local aircharges” when someone leaves me a voicemail (in fact even when they don’t - as soon as I miss a call and it starts to forward it costs $0.50 even if they just hang up when I don’t answer). The number my voicemail forwards to is local; it’s in the same area code as my phone. My Koodo plan unlimited phone calls. Why am I being charged for a local call?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 30 December 2022, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you were charged for using “call forward” service. If you didn't use the default Koodo voicemail number, those forwarded calls would be charged. If you didn't want to get charged, you need the call forward addon ($3) in selfserve.

OK that would seem to be the answer. It’s a shame Koodo doesn’t offer a forward-to-email option for voicemail (while VoIP companies to do and don’t even charge for it).

Thanks.