Koodo Community
Solved

koodo Internet Billing

• 31 October 2023
  • 4 replies

I signed up for Koodo internet tonight. There wasn’t a tech install date for a week, so I scheduled it for next week. But the billing date and charge for my credit card hit *today* despite me not having the service yet and won’t have it for at least a few days. Is this for real? Or will my first month not start until I actually receive the service?

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 1 November 2023, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you signed up for the service, did you receive any email saying the activation date of your service? That should have the information of the activation of the service.

When you said your credit card was charged today? was there any upfront payment that you had to pay?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Itchyandstatchyshow Does the charge appear under ‘pending’ or the ‘posted’ column on your credit card?

We do see your order has been shipped and should arrive today.

Both the charge date on the email confirmation and the credit card charge (which is not pending but posted) are dated Oct 30 when I ordered them, but I haven’t received the product and definitely don’t have internet yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Itchyandstatchyshow I see, ok….when you purchase Koodo Internet, your credit card is charged immediately, but the service period starts 7 days after your selected activation date to ensure you have the hardware and time for installation.

For example, if you buy on October 30 and choose November 10 as your activation date, your credit card is charged on October 30, but your service period begins on November 17. Your billing then renews on the 17th of each month, with the initial charge covering November 17 - December 16. Subsequent charges occur on December 17 and every 17th of the month after. I hope this helps.