Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo dropping my credit score

• 3 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Why do I have a balance on my credit score report even though I have pre-authorized payments and pay it off every month. It has significantly dropped my credit score within two months. Please help. 

icon

Best answer by rikkster 3 December 2021, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If there are inaccuracies in your credit report, you can file a dispute with TransUnion and/or Equifax. Both companies offer the ability of submitting disputes online or by mail. While pre-authorized payment is. for the most part accurate, there is the possibility the system may have glitched. If you can provide proof that payment was made on the date(s) in question, you should be able to get your credit report updated and the error(s) removed.

TransUnion

Equifax

The reason why this took a hit on my credit score is because this account limit is set to $0 - so when I have a billing of $52 the credit bureau perceives that I am going way above my “limit” which doesn’t make sense. 

Why would my Koodo account on my credit report have a limit of $0 when I need to spend a certain amount for my monthly phone bill charges. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The reason why this took a hit on my credit score is because this account limit is set to $0 - so when I have a billing of $52 the credit bureau perceives that I am going way above my “limit” which doesn’t make sense. 

Why would my Koodo account on my credit report have a limit of $0 when I need to spend a certain amount for my monthly phone bill charges. 

I would suggest scheduling a callback with Koodo Assist. Enter #socialtech in the chat dialogue box to get to the ‘schedule a callback’ window quicker. Or, if you prefer, send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or a DM via Twitter, to try and get this matter resolved.

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or https://twitter.com/koodo 

I did have a call back earlier today and nothing was resolved. I spent over 2 hours on the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did have a call back earlier today and nothing was resolved. I spent over 2 hours on the phone.

Let me flag a rep.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello! Upon checking, your account has been in good standing since the activation, we did not have any information to report that would impact your credit score. It’s only the automatic credit check that was automatically run when the account was  initially opened.